Right: one reason why this was not as good a year (other than the weather...) was a certain lack of organisation. So this year, we are doing Organised Planning right now!
The idea is to spend this Sunday (Oct 7th) as follows:
11am-ish: go down allotment, lift potatoes, other similar jobs. Poss break out storm kettle.
LUNCH @ SPOON
afternoon: sit round in my house with mugs of tea, biscuits, etc, making decisions about planting things, the Raised Bed Problem, composting issues, etc etc.
Anyone wishing to assist with any of this (or indeed just sit around & drink tea :-) ) is more than welcome!
Things on the list:
- I had an Idea for in-place composting.
- How to reorganise the beds so that we can put all the bits of wood down & make them raised beds.
- What to plant.
- What to do about the strawberries & when we need to do it.
- Should we be pruning any of the fruit bushes/canes?
- Splitting the rhubarb clumps?
- When To Do Things.
- Order pear tree?
Anyone think of anything else?